Who should attend?
- Experienced DBAs should attend all three sessions, but only DBAs should attend Troubleshooting & Tuning.
- Experienced Developers should attend the Writing Optimal SQL and Explain Plan seminars.
What will they learn?
- The different methods of generating execution paths, from autotrace to explain to v$sql_plan_statistics_all in great detail and how to choose the right method.
- How to read execution plans -no matter how complex - in a fashion that can be described in just two steps.
- The various omissions and errors that lead to the wrong conclusion when trying to understand how a query might run.
- Extending understanding to features such as distributed joins, parallel execution, and partitioned tables.